What You 'll Do
- Establish an awesome team. Lead and develop people in your team, quickly establishing a world-class Marketing Team that will bring about a resounding success in the US market.
- Develop and execute upon a city-specific strategy to adapt the Company brand to the awesome people of the United States.
- Manage our mediums, both external and internal. The app may be digital but marketing isn 't limited to digital. We use ATL (TV, radio), BTL (outdoor), and more. Furthermore, our app is also our own medium, offering interesting possibilities for communication and partnerships.
- Design and run campaigns, relentlessly. Optimise and re-run. Recruit and manage local agencies, and get the best out of the relationship. Collaborate with our FMCG partners to develop bespoke campaigns.
- Collaborate directly with the Country GM, as well as the company 's Founders in the decision-making process for successful local marketing. Simply put, these people are looking for someone to challenge and convince them to do things differently for even better results.
- Apart from Marketing, as one of the leaders within the team, voice your opinion regarding other matters related to the organization and the business. Especially be active in growth-related matters. Be at the table. Disagree when necessary. Support when necessary.
- Find that perfect balance between understanding the customer and fulfilling their desires, while also surprising them with delightful experiences they didn 't even know they needed yet.
- Beyond long-term strategies, always be ready to leverage opportunities in marketing and communications. Speed is our currency here at Company. We decide quickly, often launching marketing campaigns in a fraction of the time compared to other, bigger organisations. Be ready to push the envelope and experience speed and urgency that you 're unlikely to have seen anywhere else.
- Challenge both yourself, and the organization you 'll be a part of, as you face certain challenges throughout your career at Company. We 're not a perfect organization, but we 'll always be honest and genuine as we strive to do the right thing.
What We Expect
- You should have built and scaled consumer brands, ideally to millions of avid users in the US.
- Extensive experience with dynamic campaign management, knowing when to pull which levers for whatever that moment 's target may be.
- Life and career-related insights into the US market, including its people, its cultures and what form of communication people respond to. Know these like the back of your hand.
- An extensive network within the marketing industry. The less intermediaries we need to get something done, the better. A solid network with agencies with an eye for brand communication is ideal.
- A bias towards action. If possible, get it done. If not, reasonably push the subjective and imaginary boundaries to make it possible.
- Excellent negotiation skills, especially considering we 'll do significant media buying to push the brand.
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing, especially performance marketing.
- Work both with creative agencies, but also with the production companies that turn strategy into media content. We 're pretty hands on.
- Keep the pulse of your users. Always maintain a ROI-mindset.
- Have fun while doing all of this. Work should ultimately be fun.