Head of Marketing (VP/CMO - depending on level of experience) - REMOTE OKAY
My client is a well established startup SaaS company that helps brands succeed in eCommerce. Their software combines eCommerce sales, advertising, operations, and competitor data on one platform. This platform applies machine learning to surface latent inefficiencies and growth opportunities and automates actions to realize the benefits from these opportunities.
Candidates must have B2B experience and a solid understanding of how brands/manufacturers can win in eCommerce. Specifically as it relates to Amazon, Click & Collect, Instacart, Target, WMT, etc.
What They are Looking to Build:
- Build and lead a world class Marketing organization - including corporate marketing, demand generation, content marketing
- Define and deploy marketing strategy including overall corporate positioning and category development
- Redefine and manage our brand strategy, core messaging and supporting materials and programs that lead to category creation
- Create industry thought leadership programs through content (through analytically oriented content targeted towards target buyers and influencers), industry events and education
- Market new and existing strategic product enhancements, maintaining senior level relationships and driving specific initiatives
- Develop strategic marketing plans and roadmap for all marketing initiatives, programs and tests
- Implement innovative lead generation programs that increase market penetration
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and communications
- Public relations (manage on going flow of high value PR including general releases and feature article pitches, execute PR briefs, manage PR agency & overall process, act as first line of defense in reviewing / shaping content)
- Partner with the head of sales, CEO and the management team to deliver and execute GTM plans for the company
- A 10+ year career track with progressively responsible marketing roles – expertise in managing all facets of corporate marketing – branding, lead generation, sales support, PR, digital/social media buzz, and real world events
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Business Administration in Marketing, Communications or related degree or applicable experience preferred
- Proven track record of driving growth in customer base and business results
- 'Very strong analytical capabilities. Demonstrated ability to leverage data analytics to drive business performance
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written. Track record of working with executive management
- Solid working knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem and existing rolodex of partners (everything from PR to graphic design)
- Extensive B2B marketing experience with deep experience and knowledge of e-commerce, retail media and/or CPG.
- Expertise in delivering solution-oriented sales materials and tools.
- Understanding and experience working with quantitative marketing metrics, and acquisition techniques
- Previous start-up experience
- Experience with software companies is a plus. But marketers from agencies are welcome to apply.