We are looking for someone to oversee the management of all areas of manufacturing to produce Company robotic cells for both external and internal customers. This person will also initiate activities, so that products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
What you'll do
- Oversee and direct day-to-day management of internal manufacturing and outsourced manufacturing partners as well as procurement, materials management, product verification and testing, facilities, and quality assurance.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to optimize cost, quality, capacity, lead-time, delivery and time to market for new products.
- Ensure the availability of manufacturing capacity to meet increasing demand for existing products and for the launch of new products.
- Develop manufacturing plans and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations.
- With Supply Chain leader, develop and maintain exceptional relationships with key suppliers and create contracts that minimize inventory investment, reduce cost, and ensure adequate supply. With product engineering, develop additional sources of supply to enable production ramp.
- Work closely with product design/engineering to ensure new products and configurations are seamlessly transitioned into production through a well-defined new product introduction process.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators to track progress against operational goals.
Who you are
- Earned a BS in Engineering, BS Business Administration or equivalent, advanced degree preferred;
- Have a proven track record including 10+ years of experience recruiting, developing, and leading manufacturing and supply chain teams;
- Experienced with process improvement of complex manufacturing systems;
- Possess strong technical analytical skills including Value Stream Mapping, FMEA, statistical methods, and six sigma techniques;
- Experience with PCBA, electro-mechanical, optical, and system integration operations is desirable.