Company Is looking for a Head of Finance, reporting to our CFO, to build and iterate on our finance strategy and operations. This role will be the day to day leader of financial planning and analysis, modeling, forecasting and budgeting to help ensure Company grows effectively and efficiently. The successful candidate will apply their analytical skills and financial leadership to understand the drivers of our business and inform leaders in order to maintain a sound foundation upon which the company can grow. The individual’s work will provide timely and accurate insights across the organization that helps the Leadership team and other key stakeholders make sound decisions from marketing spend to product strategy and also investor relations.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead financial planning & analysis; managing the headcount and operations budgeting process
- Partner closely with Company’s leaders to allocate resources across departments and ensure they have the tools they need to achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain short and long-term financial projections and create scenarios that help leaders envision the impact of different decisions
- Identify and quantify key risks & opportunities in our business
- Build and iterate on systems, tools and processes to ensure we scale effectively and efficiently
- Model and execute transactions such as capital raises and M&A.
- Partner with accounting and financial reporting to ensure timely and accurate completion of external audits, accounting reports, regulatory filings, budgets, and tax filings, and analyze financial results, distilling key trends, highlighting opportunities, and communicating trends.
- Partner with investor relations and financial reporting to create and manage financial analysis and presentations to investors; attend investor calls with CEO, President and CFO
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop new processes and investment decision making frameworks
- Drive strategic decision making in a fast paced constantly changing environment
- Work to optimize our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Support special projects to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- 7+ years of financial planning & analysis, strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics or related field required
- Proven success managing budgets for major functional areas within an organization
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting systems/technology
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills. Proficiency in SQL
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, including experience acting as a company spokesperson
- Balances functional experience with an entrepreneurial attitude and effective problem-solving
- Calm under pressure with sound business judgment in often changing and ambiguous situations
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Values integrity and honesty above all else
- Experience in gig-economy and technology companies and a 2 sided marketplace is a plus