Requisition ID # 115283
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
Provide engineering, technical support, equipment design, and project management for LNG/CNG assets including CNG stations, natural gas generators, and mobile compressions. Supports high priority work to reduce risks, improves processes and supports their implementation, improve equipment performance and reliability, perform condition assessments, troubleshoot, and resolve equipment problems.
- This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Position location is flexible to all PG&E service territories.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable principles, codes, regulations, polices, and procedures
- Performs basic engineering work using established engineering tools, processes and practices to complete work assignments
- Partners with more experienced engineers to develop knowledge
- Assists with more complex projects
- Leads small teams to address asset issues
- Receives priorities and directions with regard to work performed from supervisor or manager
- Reviews work performed with supervisor periodically
- Completes well defined tasks independently
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Ability to travel up to 40 percent of working time
- Experience in compressed natural gas
Experience in gas operations
EIT (Engineer in Training) Certification