Who We Are
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet The Team
At Argo AI, the Argowatch team is building the next-generation of cloud and AV software that monitors, manages, and maintains every autonomous vehicle across multiple metros in the US and Germany. More specifically, we are responsible for -
- Transportation as a Service (TaaS) APIs for partner engagements
- Mission Control for all autonomous vehicles
- Remote Operations including remote-guidance and remote-troubleshooting for autonomous vehicles
- Service Infrastructure - common services providing a great foundation for all cloud services across the entire company.
We believe in a few good developers building a solid, high-quality product.
What You’ll Do
- Support and develop services with a multi-region strategy deployed on AWS to achieve 99.99+ availability.
- Enhance the robustness and resiliency of both existing and forthcoming micro services.
- Deliver User Interfaces atop Fleet Services, Trip Services, Map Services, Mission Control, Terminal Operations, Remote Operations, and Shared Services Infrastructure.
- Design, Architect and support a UI infrastructure that helps developer productivity and is highly scalable.
- Implement strong product quality, performance, and security practices using Jenkins, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Build multi-regional highly available highly scalable services in the cloud
- Develop services in Java/Kotlin
- Develop web user interfaces in React / Typescript
- Potentially develop on-vehicle software in C++ when the need arises
- Interact with cross-geographical teams
What You'll Need To Succeed
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in building web-scale distributed systems and related open-source software components
- Experience deploying/managing infrastructure in public cloud environments such as AWS or GCP
- Programming abilities in Kotlin, Java and C++
- Significant experience developing, testing user interfaces in React/Typescript
- Experience with backend technologies: Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, SNS, SQS, ApacheMQ
- Experience building and maintaining REST and gRPC APIs with scalable Auth strategies
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Istio
- Previous experience working in projects in an agile software environment
- Belief in rigorous, high-quality engineering that produces tangible results quickly
- Experience with the challenges of integration, and the need to iterate quickly but with a purposeful plan to build towards larger longer-term goals
- Effectively work with others across a broad range of languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
What We Offer You
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.