Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $190M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
We are looking for a welcoming and professional Administrative Assistant to manage our Front Desk. This candidate takes the initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude and will play a key role in supporting our growing team. Our ideal candidate is a motivated people person who listens to our employees and proactively steps in to help the entire office run smoothly. This Administrative Assistant performs general office duties as well as some HR functions and provides administrative support to the team as needed.
The ideal individual must be able to multitask and prioritize, with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, along with strong written and verbal communication, attention to detail, administrative and organizational skills. This Administrative Assistant will work closely with the rest of the administrative team and must also have the ability to work independently on projects. This is a full-time position, 5 days a week in the office.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Manages the Front Desk
- Responsible for working with HR, Hiring Managers and candidates to schedule interviews
- Works closely with and supports other members of the Admin Team
- Greets visitors, assists HR with in-person interviews/greeting candidates
- Serves as the administrative point of support for general office needs
- Assists with logistics and catering of onsite meetings
- Assists with happy hours, team building, company, and charity events
- Manages all kitchens, including ordering, maintenance and stocking
- Manages office supply inventory
- Responsible for maintaining clean and orderly conference rooms
- Processes packing slips and invoices for accounts payable
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail
- Maintains and updates the company phone directory
- Works with vendors to set up accounts and schedule services as needed
- Helps office staff with travel arrangements and expense reports
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable using a PC
- Organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to problem-solve with decision-making capability
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- A team player who enjoys working with people and being part of a strong team
- Must be able to occasionally lift 25 lbs
- Must be able to go up and down one flight of stairs
Education And Experience Requirements
- Minimum of two-year college degree
- Minimum of 2+ years receptionist and or/administrative experience in a corporate setting
- Experience supporting HR a plus!
Synthekine requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
Apply here .
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.