Job Description Food and Beverage Intern
Responsible for working across several areas of Food & Beverage while providing an excellent guest experience in an attentive, courteous, and efficient way.
Potential Career Path
Food and Beverage Supervisor - Food and Beverage Manager
- Ability to work in all areas of Food & Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Events.
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner.
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service.
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms.
- Follow cash handling procedures in accordance to standards.
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives.
- Ensure compliance of brand standards.
- Strive to achieve departmental targets.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Comply with local licensing laws.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM's EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous Food & Beverage and/or industry experience desirable.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy.
Work Environment and Context
- Work in an outdoor environment with exposure to various weather conditions.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 75 pounds, bending and reaching.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability Hearts That Serve Only Excellence Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.