The Fitness Director (FD) is responsible to oversee all fitness operations to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality, safe and innovative health and fitness services and programs to our membership. This high-profile position has a broad range of responsibilities and should be considered the functional &ldquofitness expert&rdquo. The Fitness Director is responsible for the management and revenues associated with all fitness related services and programs within the club. The candidate must possess the right combination of people skills, enthusiasm for service, and a passion for sales. The FD must have a very clear understanding of the following areas of emphasis:
The Fitness Director will report directly to the General Manager with dotted line to the Vice President of Fitness, Racquet and Recreation.
Day to Day:
- Work with the General Manager to create quarterly strategic sales plans.
- Achieve quarterly and yearly fitness revenue goals set forth by the company.
- Manage and motivate the fitness team to ensure budgeted sales goals are achieved or surpassed.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings and create monthly performance reviews to recognize individual performance.
- Maximize sales volume/personnel of all fitness related departments.
- Monitor performance, tracking and accountability of fitness staff.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing and hiring fitness positions.
- Develop, review and support the Group Exercise program.
- Regularly audit Personal Training sessions and TEAM (Small Group Training) classes and provide feedback to ensure the highest quality of instruction.
- Audit Group Exercise classes to ensure quality and diversity of program offerings.
- Attend continuing education events to stay current with trends and industry updates.
- Supervision, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training of fitness positions.
- Monitor performance, tracking and accountability of all fitness staff.
- Ensure all hours and revenues are recorded on the day worked or serviced.
- Review payroll and revenue daily to confirm accuracy.
- Ensure staff adheres to the corporate policies and procedures.
- Establish and track goals for all fitness related sales activities.
- Report team performance weekly to ensure alignment of club and dept objectives.
- Facilitate the continuing education of the fitness personnel and provide support for appropriate certification.
- Ensure exceptional customer service by staff through the development and implementation of training/staff incentive programs, and continuing education opportunities to improve department.
- Bachelors degree in health-related field.
- Current personal training certification (ACSM, NASM, ACE, PTA Global, NFPT, CSCS or NSCA).
- Previous fitness operations/management/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated marketing and sales experience.
- Previous managerial experience including budgeting (revenue generation, expense control), business planning (strategic and operational) and the ability to develop and implement operational systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team to succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude and abilities.
- Professional, friendly manner.
- Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative with strong work ethic.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Willingness to acquire new skills.
- Innovative thinker who enjoys creating new programs.
- Proficient with a PC/Windows environment.
- Advanced degree preferred.