Fire Protection Engineer – Remote / Travel to client sites required
System One has a remote opportunity for a mid-level Fire Protection Engineer (FPE). Our client's Federal Solutions group is looking for a new Fire Protection Engineer (FPE) to join the Fire Protection Engineering Division in support of various Government projects. Our client provides a broad array of Fire and Life Safety Engineering and Fire Protection System Design, Construction, and Management services to our Government clients.
- Start Date: 10/25/21 - Immediate
- Temp to Hire (after 520 hours)
- Overtime is expected on an "As-Needed" basis
- US Citizenship is required to work for the Federal Group.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain US Government security clearance at a later date
- Required to complete all System One and Client onboarding processes
- Work Schedule: 9/80 - Every other Friday off
- Work Hours: 7am-5pm (Mon-Thurs) and 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm (every other Fri.)
Frequent travel with overnight stays is still required during COVID.
- B.S. Degree, or higher, in Engineering, preferably Fire Protection Engineering.
- 4+ years of work experience in Fire Protection Engineering design and project management
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in Fire Protection Engineering, or ability to obtain within a year of hire.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, Revit, and Hydraulic Calculation software including HASS, AutoSPRINK, and HydroCAD.
- Possess certifications, training, and working knowledge of NFPA codes and standards including NFPA13, 2001, 70, and 72
- Ability to design fire alarm, fire suppression, and life safety systems in Revit