Financial US GAAP/SEC Accountant needed for an 18 month contract to hire opportunity with Yoh's client located in Santa Clara, California. $80/hr
The Big Picture Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
What You Will Be Doing:
- Accounting knowledge and experience to provide sound accounting guidance for company transactions in compliance with US GAAP and Company policies
- Representative within the Controller's organization, this role is a key participant in the policy development, update and guidance for all transactions (excluding those related to orders and revenue recognition)
- Member of the core team implementing accounting policies and system solutions, controls and processes
- Hands-on team player who has strong technical and business acumen and the ability to work well in a dynamic environment
- Serve the internal technical accounting resource during the planning and accounting for transactions excluding those related to orders and revenue recognition
- Assist with relevant policy development, interpretation, application, and training
- Research technical matters and prepare timely and comprehensive policy interpretation and guidance
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of key finance policies by understanding systems, the flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Support finance system implementation and enhancements
- Support the review of quarterly reports provided by business and support groups
- Support the external reporting team in the preparation of earnings release and SEC filings
- Ability to analytically review financial accounts
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- An ability to understand complex transactions and provide guidance and interpretation that is compliant with company policies and US GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to facilitate the effective writing of internal and external documents
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple competing tasks simultaneously
- Team player and flexible
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across geographies
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- BS or BA in Business or Accounting, CPA certification is required
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting / Finance, including National CPA firm experience
What's In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of the largest and legendary global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly e-payroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
What are you waiting for? Apply Now!
#LI-SA #Zip-SA #CB-SA #IND-SA #Mon-SA
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.