A global technology’s book content team seeks an experienced finance and operations coordinator to support exciting global content initiatives. The role will engage directly with US and international business teams, internal departments (such as Operations, Procurement, Finance, and Reporting), and external publishers and suppliers to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, and executed to operational and contract standards. This is a great opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the business and contribute substantially to the team.
Working cross-functionally across a variety of initiatives, the candidate will own crucial aspects of each project lifecycle, from budget forecasting and setting up vendors and purchase orders to tracking deadlines, deliverables, and payments. In addition, they will be responsible for creating and maintaining internal workflows, databases, and records to ensure efficient, effective operations, while troubleshooting issues that arise.
The right person for this position is hands-on , extremely organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while juggling multiple priorities. Attention to detail is essential. The ideal candidate is also a proactive communicator who will manage internal and external relationships on a day-to-day basis, and collate information from multiple sources to generate comprehensive updates, action items, and documentation.
• Perform key budgeting and forecast activities for internal review with Content team, Books business DRIs, and colleagues across departments
• Create and manage multiple project workflows to ensure requirements are met (tracking terms, deliverables, deadlines, invoicing, etc.)
• Maintain and improve centralized resources for project status and documentation
• Work with Procurement on supplier set-up and validation
• Oversee Purchase Orders for budget line-items, and resolve discrepancies between forecast and actual spend
• Track supplier invoicing and payment according to project requirements, progress, and deadlines
• Work with Operations team and major publishers to facilitate audiobook operations workflow
• Own data sources for financial dashboards and other aspects of our internal reporting system
• Be a focal point of communication between the Content team and internal departments across the org
• Communicate with external suppliers/publishers, providing guidance as needed to ensure projects are successful
• Perform ROI analysis as needed to review spending practices
• 5+ years related financial, administrative, and/or operations management experience with successful results
• Proven budgeting and forecasting experience
• Track record of establishing and/or improving internal workflows for tracking project status across financial and operational milestones
• Proficient in Excel and cloud-based collaboration platforms (SAP and/or Tableau knowledge a plus)
• Analytical/problem-solving skills at a macro and a micro level
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Self-driven and highly organized,
• Able to pivot between projects and learn quickly
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in financial operations