Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Finance Manager, Warranty Operations & Analysis to deliver accurate, data-based information and provide sophisticated reporting. This role will play an integral part of the Finance team that directly helps secure the success of the company. The focus of the team is to provide a high degree of financial transparency across the company and facilitate business decision coordination with all departments.
- Collaborate with Quality, Engineering, Service, and Purchasing operations in the development and administration of warranty policies and processes, including continued refinement of warranty operating/financial performance data
- Lead the analysis of warranty service field data to understand vehicle performance trends
- Manage the required analysis for monthly financial reviews of warranty activity, including input to the annual operating plans, monthly financial forecasts, and business plans
- Manage the consolidation and analysis of financial data including reconciliations, period-to-period variance analysis, derivation of vehicle warranty cost targets, analyzing cost deviation with variance explanations
- Drive the build of complex models and support the analytical assistance with business cases and different scenarios for warranty
- Manage the tracking, analysis, and maintenance of warranty claims and other KPIs through appropriate databases
- Provide the finance leadership in the implementation of the ERP system application specific to warranty claims and analysis
- Oversee warranty reserve models and warranty reserve adequacy analysis; ensure Finance and Operations alignment
- Own the warranty scorecard and KPI reporting to drive performance, visibility, management, and improvement on an ongoing basis
- Lead the warranty status of multiple projects in regular status reports showing budget, forecast, work order status, and applicable accounting accrual data
- Facilitate alignment among operating teams and the decision making; be able to present data in cohesive reports that provide clear communication and recommendations
- Actively participate in management discussions to guide and influence long term and strategic decision-making within the broadest scope. Provide objective business consultancy and financial guidance to the company
- Provide new perspective to identify and propose opportunities for improvement across processes and business functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, or related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) – preferred
- At least 8 years’ industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years of financial variance analysis (actuals to forecast and actuals vs. plan comparisons) and period-to-period analysis
- Intimate understanding of the principles of warranty policy, warranty service, warranty reserves/accruals/accounting, and warranty claim payment - including standard and extended warranty plans for vehicles
- Proven technical, quantitative, and critical-thinking skills, high level of independent judgment, initiative, and creativity to identify and clearly communicate key performance drivers to management
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrated effective written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
- Established ability using SAP and Microsoft Office software with a particularly high proficiency with Excel
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Individuals seeking a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.