Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRX is looking for a Finance Manager to support the Client Services and PBM Operations teams. This position is an integral part of the Operations finance team providing financial support which includes Prior Authorization P&L management, monthly reporting, month-end close, and forecasting/budgeting activities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monthly Financial Results Reporting, Dashboard Reporting, and Month-end Close responsibilities:
- Report timely and accurate reporting. Develop and maintain monthly financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to forecast, budget, and prior year.
- Improve financial and operational performance by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management
- Create, design and build dashboards to track performance targets and business objectives
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance, operational efficiencies, service and quality metrics
- Prepare pre-estimates and daily FTE and expense estimates throughout the monthly close process
- Manage cost center expenses including preparing operating expense accruals, journal entries, and robust variance explanations compared to budget/forecast.
- Prepare presentation slides for reviews with business partners and finance teams.
- Support departments and budget owners in their OPEX management, forecasting/plan and actual spend tracking
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and increase efficiency
- Partner with Accounting and other Finance team members to review and analyze monthly results
- Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Develop and maintain detailed financial forecasting/budgeting models for FTE planning, expenses, PA revenue, and key metrics. Identify key business drivers and dependencies and provide recommendations for improvement
- PA P&L: Report Full PA P&L for monthly results and forecasts. Support PA P&L profitability improvement initiatives
- Prepare and participate in all aspects of financial forecasting and variance analysis for some customer service cost centers
- Continue to automate and streamline financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Lead weekly FTE forecasting reviews with workforce management and operations
- Review and report cost management tracking and status
- Review and approve capital project benefits and ROI
- Determine cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting and gathering data and insight from multiple systems and data sources
- Share and leverage best practices
- Provide / review ongoing list of risks & opportunities
- Seek out and collaborate with business partners and sister divisions to incorporate business changes and interdependencies into forecast projections
- Ad Hoc: Support finance teams and business partners with ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis
- The position currently has one financial analyst direct report
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience using strong financial acumen
- Prior work experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues, assessing their implications and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
- Advanced Excel skills, including financial modeling (creating graphs, pivot tables, VLOOKUP and charts)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Prior experience creating dashboards, scoreboards to drive/tell a story and create a vision
- Experience collaborating with business partners to help support staffing models etc.
- Based: Irvine, CA or Eden Prairie, MN
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- MBA or CPA
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
- Ability to think outside the box, react quickly to urgent requests and seek solutions to overcoming obstacles
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance Manager, OptumRX, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote