Ref ID: 00412-9503360251
Classification: Accounting Manager
HOT NEW JOB!!! HIRING ASAP!! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND FOR PROMPT REPLY, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO MY LINKEDIN AT JAYVELLE CASTANEDA. THANK YOU!!
Our reputable and successful client is seeking a Senior Accountant for its funds management business. The firm and its parent, provide diversified financial services to clients of all sizes and stages in the technology, life science, venture capital/private equity and premium wine industries.
As they have outsourced the accounting function to a third party administrator, this position will allow for an increased emphasis on analysis and reporting and decreased focus on transactional processing.
This is a great opportunity for a detailed oriented individual who has an interest in the venture capital industry, including both direct funds and fund of funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with Investor Relations team and 3rd party administrator to ensure smooth investor communication, announcements, or inquiries via an online Investor portal managed by the administrator.
- Interact with directors, companies/funds, and/or attorneys regarding portfolio company financings or fundraisings by venture firms.
- Coordinate investment funding and investment onboarding.
- Review, track, and update portfolio company and portfolio funds capitalization and investment detail in the funds’ valuation system. Maintain portfolio performance metrics for each portfolio company (investing cash flow, MOI, IRRs) and the fund.
- Work with the investment team to perform portfolio company valuations.
- Participate in fundraising efforts, including preparation of diligence materials, review of legal documents and facilitating fund and investor onboarding during closing of the fund
- Interact with auditors-both internal and external auditors, as well as regulatory auditors
- Perform ad hoc analysis and help prepare presentations, memos etc. for internal communication and documentation
- Participate in and sometimes lead ad hoc projects and process improvement initiatives
- Supervise, develop and hire accounting staff.