The Environmental Technician (Field Laborer) is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
* Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
* Competitive wages
* Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
* Group 401K with company matching component
* Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
* Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
* Positive and safe work environments
* Ability to perform work in enclosed (confined spaces)
* Ability to safely perform work using high pressure water blasting equipment to clean heavy industrial equipment (pipe, boilers, tanks, heat exchangers, bundles, etc.)
* Performing emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning and equipment decontamination, etc
* Load hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job onto truck
* Clean up work area and equipment after work is completed
* Ability to work overtime and on-call for emergency response
* Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the day
* Operates light and heavy equipment including: skid steers, forklifts, oil spill booms and vacuum equipment
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
* Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) (preferred)
* Confined space entry and 40 Hour OSHA Training
* Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations
* Strong mechanical ability
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.