Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the representative of Abbott and the Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) brand to the customer. The Ambassador operates as primary account management contact with customer account; with a focus to improve economic profitability, increase customer loyalty, secure retention, and drive value expansion.
- Act as trusted partner to existing customers.
- Build promoters and achieve targeted retention rate. Manage and drive development of accounts according to strategic account plan (value expansion; economic profitability).
- Deliver first line support and technical troubleshooting & elevate Level 2+ issues to service specialist to minimize overall cost to serve. Coordinate order; delivery; and billing
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Ensure instrument analytical turnaround time (uptime/repair/maintenance)
- Conduct customer business review (KPI reviews)
- Manage customer relationship and thoroughly plan; prepare and follow up customer visits (pre-call plan; post-call notes)
- Identify customer training requirements
- Coach customers and share knowledge (education)
- Identify and resolve customer pain points (troubleshooting)
- Replenish and control inventory
- Build image and brand in eyes of customer
- “Sell” or reinforce Abbott’s total solution value offering
- Collect and transmit VOC (Voice of Customer)
- Menu expansion (utilization of existing products; new product launches)
- Service sales
- Product promotion
- Value creation
- Order management
- Contract management
- Identify/open door for opportunity to expand offering into other departments (prospecting; not doing)
- Customer consumables management
- New assay applications
VALUE CREATION AND EXPANSION:
- Price management
- Service sales
- Free of charge control
- Menu expansion
- Lifecycle management of product
- Service cost management
- CPR management
- Contract Life Cycle and Compliance
- NPS responsibility (hot sheets)
- Management of inter-client relationships
ANALYTICAL TURN AROUND TIME:
- Assay availability and performance
- Instrument installation & commissioning
- First line level service/fixes
- TSBs – hardware & software upgrades
- Proactive monitoring and communication via Abbott Link
- Escalation & support
- Customer inventory
SYSTEMS & TOOL MANAGEMENT:
- CMS Next tickets (opening & closing)
- Aforce use and maintenance (CRM)
- Paris (reports)
Key Performance Metrics:
- Retention Rate
- Net Promoters Score
- Cost of Service
- Territory Sales Plan achievement – Base business sales and new business growth
- Account EP Plan improvement
- First Line Service KPIs
- Be the representative of Abbott and the ADD brand to the customer with emphasis on laboratory management. Will interact with Acquisition and Sales Specialist teams; Value Expansion Representative; Area/ Regional Marketing; Customer Support Center and Technical Service; Finance. This position is a very visible and will influence customer purchase decisions.
- Makes decision on reagent utilization on integrations and troubleshooting product replacement that impacts annual supply budget of approximately 3.0MM for US. Considers financial and customer implications as part of decision making.
- Critical contribution to the effectiveness of the CAPA system with responsibility for accurate
documentation of customer complaints and the actions taken to resolve those concerns
- Exhibits high level of integrity; honesty; keeping commitments and presenting information completely and accurately to both internal and external customers. Monitor and maintains customer satisfaction through direct contact. Adheres to safety guidelines; policies; procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bio Medical / Engineering / Electrical / Mechanical / Medical Technology or Commercial is preferred.
- Two to four years’ experience relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment, or directly in laboratory environment, field service, technical call center, for Abbott Diagnostics products
- Experience providing technical product application and/or hardware support.
- Experience interfacing with customers
- Strong people management and communication skills
- Trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Computer skills (word, excel, power point, internet savvy)
- Shows ability to prioritize independently
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrate sales skills
- Commitment to customers
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.