About the role
The Field Service Engineer is accountable for the timeliness and quality of site inspections, installation, programming, repair and preventative maintenance of Cantel Medical products in GI, urology, and pulmonary facilities that use flexible endoscopes within his/her assigned territory. #CB
What you will do
- Carries out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair Cantel Medical equipment at customer sites.
- Analyzes and repairs mechanical, electrical, and software failures.
- Operates and programs reprocessors, understanding all technical aspects and reprocessor parameter functions.
- Completes in a timely manner standard equipment documentation and reports to include service reports, installation records, etc.
- Provides customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straightforward manner.
- Provide assistance/consultations to customers in site preparation for equipment installations.
- Provide technical support as required during selling processes.
- Identify sales opportunities and pass the information on to the appropriate sales person.
- On days where assigned dispatch that requires an on-site customer facing activity is not available, the position is required to participate in the initial customer problemdiagnosis via Phone Remote Support. This includes but not limited to: conducting in bound customer Technical Phone Support calls from Home office and recording the actions in Cantel CRM system.
What we are looking for
- Associate degree in Electro-mechanics or equivalent is required.
- This position requires three or more years of electro-mechanical experience in capital equipment, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. and have a valid drivers’ license.
- The position will evaluate home location as part of the requirements for the job based on the territory covered. Given the nature of the job, we would require incumbents to discuss all
- plans for relocation proactively with your manager prior to moving to ensure the new location meets the needs of the business at that time.
- The position could require extended periods of driving to complete daily tasks.
- The timing of an 8-hour workday can fluctuate as needed per request of customers and business needs.
- Candidate must be able to perform occasional weekend work when necessary.
- Candidate must be willing to travel extensively within territory, often on short notice.
- The job may require overnight stay and sometimes, on short notice.
- Ability to resolve conflict and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently to ensure customer needs are met.
- Average or above computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- A high degree of initiative and creativity is required due to the complex nature of the situations and conditions of the position.
- Ability to think clearly and positively and stay calm in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work with others.
- Enthusiasm, especially to hardware problem solving.
- Exhibits care and attention to details.
- Meets deadlines and commitments.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds and able to lift 75 pounds on occasion
- You are able to stand and walk
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and rotate products and tools
- You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or step stools to service product
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, exposure to chemicals and slippery surfaces
- Drive for long periods of time
- Receive vaccination/immunization or poof of such that maybe required to enter the customer facilities.
- Work in the Medical industry may require front line work (non-Patient contact) in times of pandemic or communicable disease
- Ability to wear & use required PPE for completing the required job functions in your role.
Cantel Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.