The Field Payroll Clerk is responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to the Field Payroll Department. Maintain scanning and indexing for the department. Verifying and organizing new/re hires. Process multiple weekly union/non-union payrolls with more than 200+ employees including multiple companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. New/Re Hire Organization Prior to input, verify accuracy of new/re hire paperwork. Follow up with missing or incomplete paperwork.
2. E-Verify Re/New Hires.
3. Scan and index new/re hire and current employee files/maintenance.
4. Scanning and indexing timecards for weekly error report. Correct weekly error report. Ensure backfill is complete.
5. Mail direct deposit advices for weekly payrolls.
6. Check sorting for local field areas.
7. Enter employee maintenance phone changes, address changes and W-4 changes.
8. Prioritize and process all timecards from small field locations and process through full payroll cycle.
9. Assist with EDD processes and reports.
10. Assist with VOE’s.
11. Assist W-2 reprint request.
12. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Minimum 1-year experience in a billing-related role in a construction setting
- Experience with accounting/billing and Cost Plus Billing preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 10 Key light typing
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status