TCU/IAM union advanced transportation training program is looking to fill the position of Field
Educational Assistant (FEA) at the San Jose, CA site. Work experience in the airline, railroad or
other mass transit area is a plus. TCU/IAM works with San Jose Job Corps in placing young adults in
meaningful transportation-related careers.
Candidate Requirements and Job Responsibilities:
* With the Covid-19 pandemic some instruction and student interaction may be given online in a
google classroom setting, familiarity with an online educational platform is a plus as well as
with Zoom, WebEx, GoogleMeet or any other digital meeting platform.
* Associate or Bachelor's Degree in education, business or similar major is required or
significant experience in the administrative field or transportation industry.
* Assists the other full-time staff members with numerous tasks including student progress
monitoring, classroom support, grading, attendance, and discipline.
* Completes daily, weekly, monthly administrative documentation/reports for both the TCU/IAM
Administrative Office and the Job Corps Office.
* Works directly with the Lead Field Educational Representative to maintain a strong
relationship with the sister Job Corps Center (San Jose) and develop relationships with staff
who work hand in hand with TCU/IAM to get our students started in a job.
* Supports the program in the development and implementation of educational field trips
* Creative thinking for student engagement and participation
* Trains the front office student receptionist (guest check ins, student tours etc.)
* Teaches in the classroom on a substitute basis in multiple areas - Transportation, Office
Administration, Business Mathematics, Keyboarding and Job Search
Job Corps students aged 18-24 come into our advanced program after completing a basic trade at any
Job Corps Center around the country. We educate the students with soft interpersonal skills like
being on time, dressing for success, and how to effectively communicate with a boss. They then
participate in daily classes that focus on math and business skills like resume writing and
interviewing. But most importantly the students take transportation classes. They may choose Amtrak,
Airlines, Freight Rail or anything in between. We focus on the individual student's strengths and
goals to make them employable.
Union Membership and Dues Required
TCU/IAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer