Position Title: Field Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Field Administrative Supervisor
As one of America’s largest contractors, specifically focused on electrical construction projects, what we do is important, but how we do it is what makes us different. At Cupertino Electric Inc., we focus on relationships, transparency and results—not fancy buzzwords and empty promises. Our values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation and Safety are reflected in how we treat one another, how we interact with customers, how we think about our business and how we approach problems. We believe that building great communities is just as important as building great projects—and reflect that with our generous giving and volunteering programs.
A Field Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to Field Union Management on jobsites performing various administrative tasks daily. Field Administrative Assistant must be proficient in Microsoft applications and confident to work with little direction and is able to anticipate the administrative needs of the project and self-drive to take initiative to tackle to work load.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage onboarding process for field Union new hire employees on jobsite. (Coordinate interviews, onboarding videos, assist with paperwork.)
- Provide administrative support to project team on site to enter and distribute weekly payroll for jobsite.
- Audit and correct payroll issues for jobsite crew.
- Work directly with Site Superintendent and General Foremen to provide administrative support on all necessary reports required on site.
- Administrative support for on-site Material ordering.
- Assist and coordinate information flow between office, field, vendors and customers.
- Administrative support to General Foremen to track manpower between crews on site.
- Create Panel Schedules
- Create Trim Plate Labels off approved drawings
- Basic jobsite administrative support (filing, phone calls, email, IT support issues, trailer housekeeping, ordering office supplies, etc.).
- High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Minimum 2-4 yrs. experience in similar role, construction experience preferred
- Good time management, communication and people skills
- Proficient Microsoft application skills (Outlook, Excel, Visio, Word)
- Plan Grid and Blue Beam experience preferred
- Ability to travel within 50 miles of CEI Headquarters office
- Some travel may be required