Please note this position is contingent on funding.
KBR is looking for a candidate to provide support for GIS data collection, real property data collection and space utilization data collection in support of the Real Property Office and/or the Facility Utilization Officer. The ideal candidate will support the implementation of NASA facilities policy guidelines such as related services for personnel who use the facilities located at Ames Research Center (ARC), administered by the Facilities Utilization Officer (FUO).
The incumbent will support the implementation of NASA facilities policy guidelines such as related services for personnel who use the facilities located at Ames Research Center (ARC), administered by the Facilities Utilization Officer (FUO).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting records documentation for changes in the facilities occupancy to update the Facilities Planning Office Database.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the Ames building floor plans with field investigations and update the layouts with room square footage, room numbers and room types into the Ames Graphical Interface System (GIS).
- Supporting the Facilities Utilization Officer (FUO) tactical activities (including square feet calculations) in order for the FUO to respond to mandatory reporting levied by NASA headquarters, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Congress.
- Providing support services with the application of PowerPoint and Excel for presentations of facilities utilization planning and proposals.
- Gathering data and materials to support the Ames Strategic Plan regarding facilities planning with the various Center programs.
- Supporting the Ames Historic Preservation Officer regarding the Ames Historic Properties web site and documentation of various reports per the National Historic Preservation Act.
Associate's degree and 3+ years' experience with specialized Facilities Engineering/Space Utilization CAD.
- Experience with Government Facilities Engineering and Real Property, Facilities Utilization and Real Property.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sets, such as personnel directories and organization codes.
- Manage office and other spaces efficiently.
- Software/Application Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Teams, WebEx.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
- Government Facilities Utilization and Real Property.
- Experience with Ames Graphical Interface System (GIS).
- NASA 1400 Building Space Utilization/Occupancy and Reporting.
- Maintain and access current space utilization information.
- Respond to reporting requirements from NASA Headquarters and other internal and external entities.