Seeking a highly motivated Controls Engineer for our facilities in the California Bay Area. You will work on building factory of the future by overseeing the design of cutting-edge large-scale equipment and utility systems in support of highly innovating manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate takes pride in hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Create automation and standardization procedures for HVAC, Boiler, Chiller, Process Water, and other Utilities
- You will own, operate, and maintain facilities control systems from the field devices through the control and monitoring equipment
- Be able to develop and design control panels, improvements, and upgrades to systems for enhanced system functionality and reliability
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Architect tools for automation of development and deployment of SCADA systems
- Work closely with PLC development to optimize data exchange and general system usability.
- Support a team to develop high efficiency alarm rationalization techniques
- Manage contractors to optimally execute scopes of work
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with key stakeholders and engineering groups
- Participate in the execution of start-up and commissioning activities
- BS/MS in Electrical/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer or Applications Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
- Advanced PLC programming in the IEC 61131-3 standards using Siemens TIA Portal, ALC WebCtrl
- Experience in design, operation, and maintenance of industrial control systems
- Advanced comprehension of logic diagrams in the International Automation format for complex logic devices such as PLC and DCS
- Familiarity with High Performance HMI best practices a plus
- Advanced proficiency in programming industrial process and manufacturing equipment:
- Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI - Ignition, Siemens Comfort Panel, AB Panelview, FactoryTalk, LabView), PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley, GE, Koyo), ALC WebCtrl
- Configuration of controls networks including, Field bus Networks (ProfiNet, , DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, Safety rated field bus networks), Serial communication (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, ProfiBus, BacNet) between PLCs and instruments and microcontrollers
- Ethernet communications between machine PLCs and database systems
- Experience transitioning products and processes from concept to production desired
- Advanced proficiency in database systems (MSSQL, MySQL, Access) is a plus
- Ability to program state machines, data acquisition, and PID control is a plus
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and instrumentation is a plus
- Proficiency creating detailed process, electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics in CAD (AutoCAD). Ability to use 3D CAD packages such as with Revit is a plus.
- Proficiency programming and tuning variable frequency drives is a plus
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (Level, temperature and pressure transducers, current and power meters, etc) is a plus