Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA currently has an opportunity for a Facilities Associate. The Facilities Associate will work as a member of the in-house Facilities & Site Services team
The primary objective of this role is to manage projects in Facilities for; construction, Equipment new & replacement(facilities and Businesses), IT services and to support the facilities department
For this position you must have a broad background and a proven record of successfully managing facilities project (start to finish). In addition, you must have an operating knowledge of; HVAC Systems, Building Management Systems, Electrical Distribution, Life Safety Systems, and other systems in support of a Lab Environment. You will need to have knowledge of and understand; NFPA 70 NEC, Building Codes Local and Government, ASHRAE. We are seeking strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in an established effective collaborative work environment. Taking pride in your abilities, organization skills and attention to detail are desired. Being well versed in all current technologies, Microsoft project and other tools to track projects and other facilities systems are necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide project management on Facility capital improvement projects including design, coordination with city and other government agencies, construction, meetings, tracking of project tasks, commissioning and finances.
- ADA projects interior and exterior
- New construction Office Builds and for new Businesses
- Submit and manage all facility capital requests and project spend
- Infrastructure replacement; Chillers, Electrical Distribution, Building Management and other systems.
- Understand general energy conservation techniques & issues and ability to apply these to identify energy conservation opportunities in a commercial building environment
- Provided project management services for Campus Stakeholders; Labs, New Businesses expansion, equipment purchase/utilities installation.
- Provide project justifications to project stakeholders to gain approval to move forward with these projects.
- Manage Campus stakeholders’ projects and functions, including design, coordination with city and other government agencies, construction, meetings, tracking of project tasks, commissioning and finances.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelor of Science in engineering or related discipline, with a minimum of 2 -5 years of experience in this discipline, or equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required Indicate the minimum experience level and/or training required to perform this job. Technical/Business Knowledge. Working knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.; Work on problems of significant scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a good knowledge of technical alternatives and an strong understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
- Experience with cGMP and cGLP practices and projects preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.