PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM), in Cupertino, CA.
The Accessories group is looking for an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to lead the design and development of accessories.
- EPMs are responsible for building and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, validation/FA/CA, and project status in the development of new products.
- An EPM should be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues.
- EPMs are fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled Hardware, Software, Mechanical Design, and Industrial Design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and quality of the product.
- The EPM will interact with these engineering design disciplines plus Safety, Reliability, Marketing, Packaging, Manufacturing, Component Engineering, and other resources.
- The EPM is also the key interface to the suppliers, driving build readiness at the factory and managing the build itself.
- Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the preproduction builds and the start of mass production.
- EPMs also need to have a deep understanding of development and manufacturing processes - from part design to reliability testing, circuit board manufacturing, and production line bring-up.
- We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly and enthusiastically to changes.
- Cross-functional communication skills and experience are critical.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain project schedules, redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action
- Lead communication between project teams and external vendors
- Enable the development effort by crafting and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process
- Facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers, and OEM partners to meet very tight cost, schedule, and quality goals
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for facilitating decision-making
- Work with vendors to drive material to support engineering building
- Work with OEMs and vendors to drive material preparation and development builds
- Drive meetings and document action items and progress
- Report and present to senior management on project status and schedules
- Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 5+ years of related mechanical background in computer or consumer electronics
- Practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager
- Experience developing schedules and working with Industrial Design and Product Design to release designs to vendors on time
- Experience managing vendors and driving materials to development builds
- Experience fostering relationships with manufacturers, driving OEM partners, and handling development builds
- Experience collaborating with various cross-functional teams to drive closure of technical issues
- Experience identifying and directing all resources required to execute successful projects
- Experience presenting complex information to senior leaders
- BS ME/EE degree or equivalent required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$