Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Manufacturing Engineer II
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer II. This position will design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage projects which include new production equipment, process improvements and cost reductions while supporting new product introductions
- Provide guidance to other engineers and technicians
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers and technicians
- Support Process FMEAs and Process Validations
- Improve product quality, labor efficiency, and throughput through the use of Lean manufacturing concepts
- Coordinate the design, procurement, build and debug of tooling, machinery and test equipment
- Work with Product Development to ensure Design for Manufacturability
- Supports development activities at suppliers including issue tracking, process development, fixture design, and validation.
- Individual should:
- Be innovative, resourceful, and work with minimal direction
- Have excellent organization, problem solving, communication, and team leadership skills
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Mechanical, Chemical or any engineering or technical degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years manufacturing engineering experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability in team settings
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.