Embedded Software Engineer
Remote for Pacific Time Zone
* Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems
from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
* Design, develop, code, test, and debug software for performing
diagnostics on hardware.
* Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system
* Integrate and validate new product designs.
* Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
* Interface with hardware design and development.
* Assess third-party and open-source software.
* BS or MS degree in Engineering
* At least five years' experience as an Applications Engineer in a similar role
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
* Solid programming experience in C/C++
* Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking
real-time operating systems
* Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and
Highly Desired Experience
* Control Systems with high-performance Digital and Analog Input and Output
* EtherCAT communication protocol
* QNX operating system
* Embedded Linux
* Expert knowledge in control strategies such as PID
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.