Health Advocates is seeking an Eligibility Worker/ Floater for our satellite office located in Milpitas, CA .
WE OFFER PAID TRAINING!!!
Eligibility Workers help qualify patients/claimants for governmental benefits (Medi-Cal, VOC, SSI/SSDI, TPL, etc.) within established guidelines. Responsibilities include telephone or bedside screening, completing and submitting applications to appropriate county offices, follow-up with patient/family and county workers for successful completion of cases, and updating information in hospital computer database. Additional responsibilities may include participating in weekly hospital meeting providing case updates, and perform miscellaneous related duties, as needed.
- Must be able to travel often to client hospital sites located in the Bay and surrounding areas (San Jose, East Bay, Marin)
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and a clean DMV record
- Reliable vehicle with current auto insurance required
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1-2 years experience in customer service and/or office experience (e.g. call center/office or hospital, clinical or other healthcare environment) or any combo of experience, education or training
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- One year of Medi-Cal experience preferred
- Basic office skills and computer literacy required
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to adapt and manage change in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to type 30 wpm