DISTRICT SERVICE MANAGER
Sunstate Equipment Co.
Where Safety and People are Core Values!
Our culture is what makes us such a great company. We are proud of how we’ve been able to maintain our small company feel even as we continue to grow. We work hard to maintain our supportive, team-based culture, and the key to this has been our strong belief in our core values, starting with our people.
SAFETY - We place the utmost value on your wellbeing. No job is so important that we should not take the time to perform the work safely.
Skills & Experience you have..
- Previous shop and service management is preferred
- Own tools and be willing to add to personal tool inventory
- Perform advanced troubleshooting/diagnoses to both repair and teach the repair of equipment and components.
- Possess leadership, delegation and organizational skills
- Have the ability to work unsupervised, be organized, and use time efficiently
- Possess customer relation skills
- Have working knowledge of construction rental and delivery equipment
- Possess welding skills in electric arc welding, gas welding, MIG welding and brazing
- Possess multi-tasking abilities
- Be detail orientated
- Have neat and legible handwriting to keep accurate records on mechanics progress with action plans
- Maintain a professional personal appearance
- Ability to use mathematics to solve problems
- Be able to communicate in English. Ability to speak another language is a plus.
- Keep regular, dependable and timely attendance
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with all co-workers especially mechanics and Branch Managers.
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Be able to frequently lift 25 lbs, occasionally lift 50 lbs, and seldom lift 90 lbs.
- Be able to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Pass company drug screen.
- Have a full range of motion and dexterity to frequently climb in and out equipment
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess and maintain a good driving record
- Be able to use; Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer programs.
- Have the ability to walk a mechanic through troubleshooting mechanical issues over the phone.
- Have a clear understanding of the systems on construction equipment to include; Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, drive train and new electronic controlled engines and transmissions.
- Have the ability to read electric, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and relay that information as needed.
- Ability to work closely with vendors on challenges that arise on quality of product and cost of supplies to keep the fleet operational and in good working order.
- Have a clear understanding of Federal DOT laws and standards.
- A good working knowledge of OSHA and ANSI regulations regarding aerial equipment.
- Must be able to meet performance, productivity and efficiency standards
What you enjoy doing..
- This position will be a local point of contact with the Regional Service Manager for fleet and shop maintenance and repair related items.
- This is a peer position working with Branch Managers within their market(s) and reporting to the Leadership Team as part of this process.
- Assist the Branch Managers in the mechanic hiring process. This would include being part of the interview/testing process and recommending a fair wage.
- Will evaluate and make recommendations to the Regional Service Manager and local Leadership Team regarding any needed training for mechanics. This would include assisting in scheduling any manufacturer training and “hands on” training at the branch working with the mechanics.
- Work directly with Regional Operations Manager and will communicate with each Branch as needed on equipment and maintenance issues while acting as an information resource.
- Assist in helping with any warranty issues for the fleet in their region. Any warranty topics such as completing updates and identifying localized warranty findings will be reported to the Regional Service manager.
- Will assist the Branch Managers as needed with customer damages and failure analysis.
Our leadership and workplace culture demonstrates value of each employee and rewards both individual and team contribution. Our District Service Managers receive a lucrative compensation and benefit package, including company vehicle, health insurance, paid-time-off, 401k plan and fun work environment.
Questions? Give our recruiting team a call at 844-899-8066 and #AskAndrea
Interested? Apply now!
You can also text SUNSTATE to 51893 to start the Sunstate Experience!
Sunstate Equipment Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
A Drug Free Workplace and
Participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)