Fortune 500 Creative Software Company Seeking a Disbursement Accountant (AP Manager) in San Jose, CA. Long-term contract opportunity.
The Disbursements Accountant will be responsible for various disbursement-related activities.
This position requires cross-functional collaboration and frequent interaction with various management levels. To be successful in this role, the Disbursements Accountant must have intermediate+ MS Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.) and must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. They must have keen attention to detail, be a self-starter, and have a proven track record of adhering to critical deadlines/timelines.
The Disbursements Accountant will also be involved in a variety of projects (of varying length, complexity) which may include future business integration for mergers and acquisitions. This role will also assist other Treasury teams with ad-hoc projects as required. Strong accounting background, understanding of accruals and GAAP, and sense of accountability is required.
- Oversee weekly global disbursement payment runs, including thorough review payment proposals, auditing transactions, reviewing supporting documentation, making ad-hoc corrections to transactions as needed
- Partner with Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Tax, and Treasury Operations, GL, and other internal teams to ensure adherence to corporate policy and regulatory compliance
- Work with bank representatives and Adobe IT to resolve banking or transmission issues, discrepancies, and to deploy any new regulatory and/or compliance requirements
- Journal entry preparation and review for reversals, adjustments, re-sets, etc.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines
- Be attentive to detail
- Work in an environment where compliance with processes, controls, procedures, and SLA’s is critical
- Investigate discrepancies/reconciling items and follow-up to conclusion
- Document processes and ensure accuracy
- Complex GL reconciliation preparation
- Assist with Mergers & Acquisitions, as required
- Additional tasks are assigned based on business needs and requirements
Required Experience & Qualification:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience with complex: cash, multi-currency, global entities, and bank structures
- Recent SAP experience (within the last 24-months)
- Recent Concur experience (within the last 24 months)
- Recent Ariba experience (within the last 24 months)
- Intermediate+ MS Excel ability (v-lookups, pivots, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related subject, strongly preferred