Requisition ID # 87842
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
Provides administrative support to three Directors.
Responsibilities typically include many or all of the following:
- Calendaring, Scheduling & Meeting Logistics: Manage & prioritize calendar. Arrange ongoing/recurring as well as ad hoc meetings & conference calls. Schedule conference rooms, set up audio visual or on-line meeting tools and events. Coordinate & ensure meeting logistics are in place. Reschedule appointments. May greet and escort parties to scheduled meetings.
- Written & Oral Correspondence: Compose, proofread, edit & format written correspondence, agendas, and documents for signature. Assist with phones, phone screening, oral contacts & communications, take phone messages. Utilize polished professionalism and communication skills while serving as liaison on behalf of the leader or department. (Note: The balance of internal vs. external contacts, as well as the type of contact will vary by leader supported). May monitor, sort and prioritize emails for the leader, and use discretion and business judgment to respond directly or to forward to team members for response.
- Refer / Delegate / Track Questions, Actions & Issues: Refer or delegate business issues or questions to others for resolution on behalf of leader or team. Follow up to ensure issue or question status & resolution. Track action items using a follow-up system, tool or process, communicate and report on status.
- Documentation, Records Management & Filing: Prepare or assist in preparing documents, reports, presentations, meeting materials, documents for signature. Prepare copies, arrange materials. Process, distribute mail.
- May assist or coordinate maintaining information on intranet site. Maintain a records management system, including efficient filing system, document storage.
- Coordinate Travel & Events: Handle all travel related aspects for individuals and groups. Arranging conference facilities, catering. Managing logistics for travel, group and events arrangements. Create detailed itineraries.
- Audit/monitor for adherence to corporate travel guidelines.
- Office Supplies & Equipment Ordering: Order & maintain an inventory of items required. Order new equipment or schedule, service / maintenance. Order supplies.
- Prepare Invoices, Purchase Orders, Expense Reports, Budgets: Assist with processing of invoices, purchase orders/requisitions & expense reports. Manage commercial card usage and reconciliation of statements. May monitor department budgets, costs. May monitor adherence to expense report policy. May include credit card administration. May maintain subscriptions, memberships. May process check & wire transfer requests. May prepare and distribute invoices, request payment.
- HR, Safety, Compliance Training, Building & Asset Related Tasks: Handle HR related administrative tasks including time reporting, pay planning, performance improvement plans, performance management, organization change requests, pay change requests, rewards and recognition forms, organization chart updates, emergency lists. Order LAN ID and assets for new hires. Monitor & track staff participation in required training, reading or action including safety and compliance. Complete building services requests. May coordinate office space planning. Handle all aspects of new employee onboarding.
- Create Presentations: Create, assemble, modify, proofread presentations, spreadsheets, reports.
- Create Reports & Track Metrics: Manage data, metrics tracking and reporting, report creation and execution.
- Backup Other Administrative Assistants: Backup and support to other Executive Assistants as required.
- Reports to and assists Director(s)
- Understands and supports function(s) reporting into the Director
- Travel arrangements are typically infrequent and for the Director, individual employees in the department or a small to mid size group with typical air, hotel, ground transportation.
- Meeting or conference arrangements are typically at PG&E facilities including San Ramon Conference Center.
- Monitor expenses for adherence to company policies and procedures, create and submit expense reports.
- Assist in determining building and asset related needs, process required forms and monitor progress.
- Schedule meetings for internal groups of employees. Resolve competing priorities.
- Works proactively and anticipates needs.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Administrative experience, 3 years
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience