We’re looking for a seasoned analytics leader to help drive data-informed product decisions for the Business Opportunities Product Pillar within the Ads and Business Products org. You will be partnering with the Product organization that builds and grows the newly-launched Commerce/Shops platform, interfaces with the Mobile App Developer ecosystem, and creates new and innovative advertising formats and vertical solutions for the millions of Company advertisers. You will be working at the forefront of the industry, building solutions for one of the largest communities of businesses in the world. You will be focused on results, be proactive, deliver rigorous analyses, and use data to drive change in products and organizations. You will lead a scaled team of data scientists located around the world.
Director/VP, Data Science, Business Opportunities Responsibilities
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Inspire, lead and grow a globally distributed team of more than 100 data scientists.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data in developing data-informed strategies for growing and improving our product offerings for more than 180 million businesses.
- Partner with, and influence through data, other teams across the Company Family of Apps (Company, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger), as well as with Payments, Global Marketing & Sales (GMS), Finance, Research, and other partner groups.
- Bring personal empathy for millions of businesses around the world so we create the best tools for them and help them recover from the effects of the global pandemic and economic crisis.
- Be proactive with asking questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes.
- 15+ years of work experience managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with Product, Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and drive change across org boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- Deep industry knowledge of e-Commerce and/or 2-sided marketplaces. Adeptness at measuring and optimizing for supply/demand equilibrium and vertical-specific performance.
- Proven familiarity with the Ads ecosystem and products.