Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid is seeking a Director, Strategic Finance. You will partner with the CFO, Finance Team and cross-functional teams across the company on financial strategy and analysis, long-term business planning, fundraising, investor relations, new business development and corporate development initiatives. This includes driving evaluation of key financial and business initiatives, leading financial modeling and the preparation of financial communications and supporting the development of investor-facing and capital-raising materials.
This individual will lead a team to support a wide range of strategic analysis, decision-making, and management reporting for the executive team, board, and finance leadership. The individual must be innovative and highly analytical with deep business acumen, process orientation, excellent communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of synthesizing and simplifying complex issues.
- Build and manage a team, which is responsible for developing and scaling company-level, 3-to-5-year, long-range planning and forecasting models. Drive improvements to forecast drivers affecting accuracy and support business decisions via trend, macro-economic, sensitivity and scenario analyses
- Utilize data, metrics and innovative approaches to impact strategic and financial returns for Lucid via identification and analysis of cost reduction ideas, efficiency drivers and growth opportunities
- Support the Business and Corporate Development teams, Strategy and Decision Support teams, Investor Relations, Treasury and FP&A teams in various project-level financial analyses, new product development and launches, partnerships and M&A, investor communications, and long-term cash flow planning
- Develop and standardize financial analysis models and templates that can be utilized across the company and financial organization by employing best-in-class financial techniques and advanced scenario and sensitivity analyses
- Manage comparable company analysis in a broad number of areas including financial and operating metrics, financings, capital structure, financial guidance and financial disclosures
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or technical field; MBA preferred
- 12+ years of work experience, preferably in analytical finance roles such as Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, FP&A, or equity analysis
- Advanced financial modeling skills and in-depth understanding of financial statements - P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow, and the ability to build pro forma financial analyses for new business and service lines, long-term business planning, and various scenario and sensitivity analyses
- Proven technical, quantitative and critical-thinking skills, high level of independent judgment, initiative and creativity to identify and clearly communicate strategic analyses and key performance drivers to senior management
- Strong ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams and develop strong working relationships across all levels of the company
- Significant commitment to mentoring people and passion for continuous improvement across processes and systems
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Highly effective written, interpersonal and oral communication skills, talent to tailor communications to all audience types and levels; ability to influence change
- Capital-raising and/or investor experience preferred
- Experience in Technology, and/or Transportation Technology industries
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Individuals seeking a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.