Walter US Corporate Offices, United States of America
Walter USA looking for a:
Director of Internal Sales - Flexible within the U.S.A.
The Director of Internal Sales will be responsible for managing the Customer Service, Inventory and Logistics, and Methods & Systems functions within the Walter US organization. This role will be responsible for driving Walter strategy through leading the daily operations and ways of working within Walter US and will take a proactive lead in establishing collaborative and constructive relationships with all stakeholders.
Walter is a leading player in the international metalworking industry with over 3500 employees worldwide. Together with our numerous subsidiaries and sales partners, Walter serves customers in over 80 countries around the globe, offering them a wide range of precision tools. We work together with our customers to develop complete solutions for machining applications in the aviation and aerospace industries, as well as automotive, energy, and general engineering. As an innovative partner capable of creating digital process solutions for optimal efficiency, we are pioneering Industry 4.0 throughout the machining sector. We attach the utmost importance to broadening and sharpening our employees' skills.
Key Performance Areas
- Coordinate and lead the daily operations and tasks of internal sales, inventory and logistics and methods & systems to further develop and drive new ways of working to differentiate the Walter brand offerings.
- Manage a high-performance team that is customer-focused oriented and driven by a high level of organizational support in complex and difficult quotation and order processing.
- Responsible and accountable for all sales operations activities including promoting the Walter offer, handling tasks related to value added services and ensuring the implementation of the development strategy in conjunction with account managers, regional managers and customer relations.
- Develop and execute new value added services in close cooperation with customers and other stakeholders by considering trends and new technologies in the industry.
- Support change management activities and organizational and development of team to secure all people management activities that will encourage and stimulate a continuous improvement culture through the sales operation function that will translate into the Walter customer experience.
- Responsible for compliance, updating and continuous development of existing regulations, procedures and work instructions for sales operations functions.
- Responsible for updating and further developing relevant KPIs, internal processes regarding workflow and work instructions and tracking of performance on internal processes.
- Will develop and maintain strong, close cooperation with other internal departments and departments of Global Sales Process & Support at Walter HQ as well as across the U.S. organization.
- Coordinate team reachability to ensure the timely order processing for all operational business cases.
- Overall coordination of capacity utilization and control.
- Responsible to define Team Goals with reference to the Global Sales objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation of employee appraisals, the realization of the team goals and Performance Review.
- Continuous productivity improvements by increasing efficiency in the sales processes, automation and Digitalization.
- Encourage decisions to be taken where the necessary information is available and understood (Empowerment).
- To coordinate overarching topics and processes in coordination with other departments and the headquarter in the spirit of a uniform and efficient way of working.
Location: Flexible within the U.S.A.
- Dynamic and friendly with a passion for customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business studies or a comparable qualification acquired through many years of professional experience in a comparable environment.
- 10 + years in a management position, leading multiple functions.
- Experienced in the management and motivation of people.
- Excellent communication skills and a structured way of working.
- High level of process understanding and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality solutions and customer service.
- Good management skills, including planning, organizing, controlling, leading, innovating, as well as, motivational and developmental skills.
- Broad knowledge of US cutting tools market.
- Project management experience required.
- Experience in building customer relations.
- Must be able to work in the US.
Walter USA, LLC. offers a highly competitive performance-based compensation program and generous benefit package that includes life, health, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.