UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The purpose of United Clinical Service’s Medical Management Team, is to drive the strategy and direction for inpatient and outpatient utilization management as well as seamlessly integrating and automating a technology enabled screening guideline on a modernized UM platform. If you eat, breathe, and sleep modernized utilization management like we do, then this is the right place for you! If you’re not an expert in utilization management, but hungry, driven and willing to learn, we will help you become one of the best in class experts in the field.
As a senior healthcare economics consultant, you will help lead key efforts around medical management forecasting, revenue assessment, program evaluations, and strategic guidance related to Utilization Management.
The role also requires the knowledge and ability to access data, construct and manipulate large datasets to support planned analyses, use SQL, SAS or similar tools, as well as the ability to visualize and present findings.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops innovative solutions to meet UM Modernization reporting needs
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participates in the development of business strategy for UM modernization
- Develops and manages business plans to achieve objectives
- Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- May have segment-wide impact
- Directs cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data
- Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies
- Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses
- Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with healthcare, managed care and/or health insurance data analysis, business operations, or application development
- 3+ years of experience with a Deep understanding of ICUE and current reporting capabilities and limitations, along with their drivers
- 3+ years hands-on experience in developing analytics with machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and/or other related modeling techniques
- 3+ years of expert SQL background and knowledge of database architecture, functionality and design
- 3+ years of experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations, such as in Tableau
- 3+ years of experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
- 3+ years of expert ability to clearly articulate problems
- Strong understanding of data structures, data modeling, and dashboards
- Working knowledge of healthcare administrative data (medical claims, eligibility, provider data), clinical data systems (electronic medical records, hospital monitoring systems, etc.) and healthcare regulatory compliance
- Strong ability to communicate highly technical results and translate meaning to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $100,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director of Healthcare Economics, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN