Global biotech/oncology company is looking for a Director, Deal Finance. The deal finance director provides financial and analytical support to Corporate Strategy and Business Development group. The role works closely with all members of the cross functional deal team and is a vital resource and independent advisor for the group. We are seeking for experienced candidate with Biotech and Pharmaceutical industry experience to develop valuation model and provide insights to support renewal and new business efforts. This is a highly visible role and ideal for someone who enjoys financial modeling and deal making.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Develop deep understanding of bio-pharmaceutical industry, particularly new technology platforms, competitive landscape, and commercial viabilities
- Develop financial models to analyze economics of new license deal or major alliance deals. Evaluates proposals, prepares financial scenarios, and develops a point of view
- Analyze tax and P&L accounting treatment options and provide independent views on the most value added deal terms
- Write up Accounting Issue Note, and follow through the accounting treatment for the initial deal transaction
- Ensure post deal transition to post deal finance manager
- Ensure compliance and documentation for audit purposes
- Prepare presentations for senior management
BS degree or MBA/CPA
10 years of related experience
Biotech/Life Science industry prefer
skills: Acquisitions/Due Diligence
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.