Salary + Equity - Fortune 100
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brian Raffle
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $300,000 - $400,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our client, an publicly traded technology company, is looking to add a Director, Privacy Counsel to their legal team.
Why join us?
Our client is seeking an experienced and self-motivated attorney with a strong understanding of privacy principles to join its legal team. You will provide legal guidance to some of the most interesting and novel issues arising in our clients industry. This position will help guide our client in its compliance with applicable privacy and security requirements and provide strategic product counseling and compliance advice to support our clients products and services from the initial stages of design and development through launch and implementation.
- Work closely with our clients Programming, Content & Services, Product and Engineering teams on solutions that proactively manage legal risk while advancing our business goals and protecting our users around the world.
- Provide guidance on privacy, data protection and security laws and regulations, to ensure that client follows applicable U.S. and international legal and regulatory requirements, as well as industry best practices, through the application of privacy-by-design principles.
- Review user flows, user journeys and product feature guides to ensure compliance with applicable data protection, consumer protection and advertising laws, regulations, and standards.
- Conduct and document privacy assessments, including data privacy impact assessments (DPIAs), legitimate interest assessments (LIAs), and international data transfer adequacy assessments, and inbound and outbound privacy and security due diligence.
- Work closely with other members of the legal team to monitor and address the company’s broader data collection, storage, use and transfer practices, including:
- advising on privacy and data security terms for agreements;
- implementing scalable policies and procedures for legal review of product launches and new feature development;
- managing data subject rights requests and consumer inquiries; and
- performing privacy and security due diligence and maintaining compliance documentation.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in the laws, regulations and industry trends applicable to media, ad tech, Big Data, OTT, IOT and smart devices, including federal and state data privacy laws, consumer protection laws, and other guidance from relevant agencies.
- At least 10 years of privacy experience, with a significant portion of it working in a product counseling or privacy compliance role for a consumer-facing, Internet company.
- Significant experience advising on data privacy, data protection and the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space.
- Strong working knowledge of global privacy and data security laws, regulations, and self-regulatory guidelines, including GDPR, CCPA, VPPA, COPPA, TCPA, LGPD, and the DAA and NAI self-regulatory principles.
Familiarity with online advertising eco-system, the laws that apply to it and experience navigating issues that commonly arise in online advertising.
Working knowledge of marketing law, including familiarity with FTC guidance, CAN-SPAM, EU e-marketing regulations (e.g. PECR), and a proven ability to quickly learn new areas of law.
A passion for technology and ability to understand complex technology and product use cases quickly.
Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school.
Licensed to practice law in the State of California.
Strong preference for academic degree in a STEM discipline, particularly in software or computer engineering.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.