Salary + Equity - Fortune 100 Company
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brian Raffle
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $300,000 - $400,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our client, an publicly traded technology company, is looking to add a Director, Legal Counsel (Ad Product) to their legal team.
Why join us?
Our client is seeking an experienced and self-motivated attorney with a strong understanding of advanced digital advertising to join its legal team. You will provide legal guidance to some of the most interesting and novel issues arising in the TV streaming industry. This position will provide strategic product counseling and compliance advice to support our clients advertising platform and services from the initial stages of design and development through launch and implementation.
- Work closely with our clients Advertising Product and Partnerships teams on solutions that proactively manage legal risk while advancing our business goals and protecting our users around the world.
- Provide guidance on a wide range of legal issues, including consumer protection, privacy and data protection laws and regulations, to ensure that client follows applicable U.S. and international legal and regulatory requirements, as well as industry best practices, through the application of privacy-by-design principles.
- Advise on legal and regulatory issues in connection with the development and deployment of clients digital advertising products and initiatives, including integrations with third party technologies, products and services.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of clients business units, including the ad sales, ad partnerships, ad ops, product, engineering, marketing and customer support teams.
- Partner with commercial lawyers in contract negotiations, including supporting the drafting and negotiation of privacy-related provisions and agreements, including data processing agreements.
- Work closely with other members of the legal team to address the company’s broader data collection, storage, use and transfer practices.
- Help develop scalable processes for legal review of new product launches.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in the laws, regulations and industry trends applicable to ad tech, Big Data, OTT, IOT and smart devices, including federal and state data privacy laws, consumer protection laws, and other guidance from relevant agencies.
- At least 10 years of legal experience, with a significant portion of it working in a product counseling role for a company that develops and/or integrates advanced advertising technology.
- Familiarity with both B2B and B2C aspects of the digital advertising ecosystem, including the legal issues related to the use of beacons, cookies and cookie alternatives, device fingerprinting, geolocation functionality, tracking and targeting across devices, programmatic technologies or database management and controls.
- Significant experience advising on data privacy, data protection and the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space.
- Working knowledge of marketing law, including familiarity with FTC guidance, CAN-SPAM, and a proven ability to quickly learn new areas of law.
- A passion for technology and ability to understand complex technology and product use cases quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school.
- Active Bar license
- Strong preference for academic degree in a STEM discipline, particularly in software or computer engineering.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.