The Director of Marketing will be responsible for driving top line growth of our temperature management business in North America by setting and executing our strategic vision, capturing market share and expanding the addressable market for our temperature portfolio. In addition to oversight of core go-to-market activities supporting capital and disposable commercialization efforts, you will be responsible for creating and executing a multi-channel marketing and sales strategy that incorporates content development, disease state awareness, and customer engagement.
The Director will also be responsible for our portfolio lifecycle, including product launches, and the coordination and alignment of our product management efforts between different global markets.
The position will report to the Vice President of ZOLL Circulation Marketing and based in San Jose, CA or Chelmsford, MA.
* Creating North America demand for our temperature products by developing and overseeing execution of the go-to-market strategy. This includes definition of and segmentation of the market, targeting and positioning, and all aspects of the marketing mix
* Drive voice of customer research to inform messaging and content creation to fuel campaigns that strengthen awareness and measurable demand for our therapies.
* Work closely with clinical leadership to drive thought leadership, engage KOLs, identify clinical evidence opportunities, and ensure a cadence of content that proactively drives a consistent narrative across all channels
* Oversee all peer-to-peer initiatives to drive leads and market acceptance
* Understand and develop strategies relative to both competitive threats and new business opportunities.
* Create clear lines of communication between marketing and all other functional areas that affect the product, including soliciting input from and providing direction to the regional teams
* Support upstream functions throughout the product and portfolio development cycle
* Drive expansion of existing products into new markets, or enhancements of existing products to maximize existing markets and capture share
* Manage marketing budget to support business financial objectives
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Life Sciences, Engineering, or related technical discipline. MBA/MHA/MPH or other graduate level program preferred
* 7+ plus years of direct experience in global medical device marketing.
* Downstream/commercial marketing experience required. Product management and clinical marketing experience a plus.
* Must have experience with both capital and disposable sales processes.
* Candidates must be outstanding communicators, collaborators, and have the ability in effective change leadership and influence management skills
* Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
* Proven experience creating and executing marketing programs and as well as brand management experience preferred
* Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners and agency partners
* Broad business acumen and P&L orientation required
* Must be able to accommodate travel
Overall responsibilities include leading the formulation of product line vision and strategy across the patient monitoring product line, championship of the overall product vision and development portfolio for his/her team's product areas, overseeing the development of product specifications and managing product roadmaps and portfolios through the product lifecycle.
* Patient Monitoring Portfolio Management:
* Develop and champion a product area vision and product area strategy in support of corporate goals and objectives
* Evangelize patient monitoring product strategy and vision to the product management and company leadership team
* Research and recommend new products, tools and applications
* Identify and conduct internal and external customer, competitor and industry research to uncover latent customer needs, competitive threats, and emerging trends
* Develop clear and complete business cases and present to senior management the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions
* Provide accurate and robust financial modeling and scenario analysis for all major initiatives
* Product Management:
* Lead global product management activities for patient monitoring portfolio and specifically assigned products
* Drive development of market requirements, product strategies, and programs to deliver profitable business growth
* Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered
* Serve as a voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer
* Ensure that product specifications meet high standards for quality before approval
* Champion a point-of-view to product management leadership regarding the relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase
* Balance scope of development projects against one another to determine how to make the most efficient use of resources to create the greatest level of value for the company
* Ensure the product specifications are well understood by engineering
* Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team
* Oversee pilot testing/validation of new product and proof of concept initiatives
* Understand global customer and market needs
* Analyze market segmentation and competitive environment
* Champion new product ideas and gain cross-business, multi-disciplinary support for advancing new ideas to the next stage for the patient monitoring portfolio
* Develop relationships with Channel Marketing & Sales and inspire their interest for in patient monitoring
* Develop and present market opportunity assessments, strategies, tactics and collateral content for the purpose of increasing revenue, margin and market share
* Demonstrate the ability to influence important key stakeholders in coordinating cross-team or work groups to achieve product goals
* or failure to properly asses the client requirements may cause serious delivery delays or substantially increase costs, which may result in poor customer relationshipd
* People Leadership:
* Develop, lead and inspire team members, each responsible for managing patient monitoring product roadmaps
* Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives
* Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives
* Raise awareness of team's plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team
* Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered
* Direct hiring, retention, and succession planning
* Coach Product Managers as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources
* Comply with company policies and procedures regarding Employee health, safety and conduct.
* Previous experience with medical device marketing or product management preferred
* Candidate must have excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills
* Must have experience working across all layers of organizations, including the executive team, remote sales representatives, customer management personnel and project management
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
* Minimum of 7+ years work experience in product management, technical sales or product development related roles
* Minimum of 3+ years people management
* Bachelor of Science or Engineering or equivalent
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.