Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
STRUCTURAL HEART BUSINESS MISSION: WHY WE EXIST
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
The Director of Global Downstream Marketing is responsible for setting the strategic direction and tactical implementation of global initiatives for Abbott’s leading mitral and tricuspid therapies. This includes development of marketing plans and activities that drive commercial success of our products in a manner that highlights differentiation and value. This “product champion” will be a steward of our brand and transcatheter mitral and tricuspid therapies, externally with our various stakeholders/customers from around the world. The director manages a team of high-performing individuals and managers, provide informal and formal coaching in alignment with organizational objectives. This role will reside in Structural Heart headquarters in Santa Clara, California and will report to the Divisional Vice President of Global Marketing.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB SCOPE
This position is responsible for:
- Developing objectives, strategies and tactics to drive product positioning in the market place.
- Design and implementation of comprehensive therapy development strategies to enable our innovative therapies to become the standard of care.
- Creating comprehensive brand marketing plans to support product and therapy growth and market share.
- Uncovering new market opportunities, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs.
- Establish and nurture key opinion leader and influencer relationships.
- Direct responsibility for a robust talent development plan to support functional growth strategies and build market leading organization and culture.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including: sales, compliance, legal, regulatory, clinical, marketing communications, training and global marketing counterparts.
- BA/BS degree, MBA or advanced degree desirable with preferred focus on Strategy, Marketing and Finance.
- 12 plus years of related work experience
- Experience in Medical Device or Structural Heart industry is preferred
- Consulting experience is desired
KEY ATTRIBUTES CONSIDERED NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
- Ability to work collaboratively, internally and externally.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated management skill and ability to lead a team and work in a group environment, including interaction with Senior / Executive level leadership.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation and teamwork skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, develop frameworks and platforms that ensure optimal and unfettered access to business tools, assets and capabilities.
- Proven ability to employ various flexible communications vehicles to drive messaging across a broad, varied and dispersed organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.