Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too.
Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We're a dynamic, female-led life science solutions provider of high performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you'll grow your career with best-in-class teams in a culture of collaboration engagement, diversity, and inclusion.
Molecular Devices is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
We are looking for a leader who has experience in both finance and business transformation having successfully led systems and process related transformation initiatives within a global multinational enterprise. This role will work across business units, functional groups and shared services to collaborate with leaders, subject matter experts, and teams to transform processes, the flow of information, handoffs, and optimize financial/business relationships that will result in a cohesive global network of people, effective technologies, and efficient processes for the global controllership and finance teams. This role will to the CFO and will support the entire Global Finance team.
* Collaborate with leadership teams in Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis and BU Finance teams such as Operations and Commercial to lead the vision, develop and implement strategies, design, and execute plan for future state process and system enhancements to enable innovation with growth.
* Design and implement the future state financial solutions within the Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash and Record to Report processes, partnering with IT and other third-party solution providers as needed.
* Provide corporate finance direction and resource allocation for the several ongoing and planned Finance projects. Own the Finance IT Roadmap and governance process.
* Lead cross-functional global teams to identify organizational and workflow challenges; and lead change and improvement outcomes aligned with the vision, strategy, and priorities.
* Implement and optimize existing reporting and technology solutions, for management dashboards, accurate external reporting, usable metrics, and reports to enable complex problem solving, process improvement, and also support corporate initiatives related to Data Governance, Analytics and Reporting.
* Lead and develop super user capability for the Oracle ERP, Hyperion, and other systems.
* Serve as DBS Champion for Global Finance. Utilize Danaher Business Systems to drive process reengineering/optimization and develop a continuous improvement culture within finance. Ownership of organizational DBS maturity roadmap. Collaborate with finance leadership to maintain a prioritized problem funnel and facilitate team events to identify and deploy sustainable countermeasures to eliminate critical performance gaps.
* Develop and manage KPIs for our global finance organization that make actual performance compared to customer expectations visible. Lead process and behavior change initiatives to reach and sustain performance levels that exceed customer expectations.
* Lead change management initiatives across both system and process transformation initiatives that impact finance organization.
* Support M&A projects as required including ROIC development, due diligence and integration.
* Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
* Ten (10) years of finance or finance related business process experience in a public enterprise, preferably manufacturing
* Experience delivering solutions in a global enterprise
* Deep knowledge of Accounting and Finance concepts as well as practical experiencing working within a accounting and or Finance function of a global multi-national company.
* Documented successes leading the financial process enhancements for a global enterprise working across divisions, business groups, shared services, and corporate staffing organizations
* Experience with Oracle, financial reporting systems such as OneStream, Data Warehouse tools, Financial Planning, Power BI and other analytical tools.
* Certification in one or more fundamental DBS tools or equivalents (Six Sigma, etc)
* Experience leading and executing projects that require consensus building from cross-functional leaders
CULTURE: The right candidate for this role will embody both the Molecular Devices and Danaher culture. Below are key attributes this candidate will possess.
* Analytical. This leader seeks out facts and evaluates relationships and dependencies.
* Results-driven. Demonstrating initiative and personal accountability to meet work demands according to highest standards, while being able to prioritize and balance competing needs, will be key to success.
* Both a competitive and team player. This individual speaks to results yet gives credit to the team.
* Humble and self-aware. Helping drive a culture of respect across all associates, functions and levels while championing D&I and focusing on results is a must. This candidate understands their personal areas of development and actively works on weaknesses.
* Clear communicator. Strong experience in developing effective internal communications and a clear, succinct style is desired.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.