Volt's client, a consumer electronics company, is looking for a Digital Artist for a contract opening. The initial length of the contract will be 6 months, with possibility to extend further. This will be located in Cupertino, CA and will be remote to start with.
In this role, you will be leveraging your experience in hair and fur grooming to generate grooms and procedural systems applicable to a diverse range of characters. You will work in a cross-functional team providing synthetic data to develop innovative computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
• 5+ years of hair and fur grooming for VFX or games
• Proficient in Maya and V-Ray
• Knowledge of industry-standard grooming tools (e.g. Yeti, XGen)
• Experience developing procedural, art-directable systems
• Scripting experience in Python or similar
• Experience integrating with character build systems
• Familiarity with shaders and materials for hair and fur
• Knowledge of offline and realtime approaches for rendering hair and fur
• Ability to scale work to large numbers of diverse characters while maintaining quality
• Experience debugging and tuning grooms in a production pipeline
• Nimble and able to adapt to changing requirements
Volt is publicly traded on the NYSE MKT under the symbol "VOLT". To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.