Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
Under the direction of the Dentist, Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed medical professional, the Dental Assistant will have primary responsibility for all dental treatment areas in compliance with all applicable dental standards, state and federal regulations and laws. The Dental Assistant will assist the dentist at the chair at all times during dental hours and report all persons served care issues to Dentist and HSA.
• Graduate of accredited dental assistant school.
• Registered Dental Assistant preferred
• Two (2) years’ experience
• Previous correctional/detention facility experience
• Unrestricted current dental assistant license, certification or registration in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
• Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
• Current (and must maintain) lifesaving ACLS certification through AHA
- Ensuring charts and appropriate paperwork is available for dentist
- Passing and receiving instruments
- Oral evacuation and retraction
- Preparation of materials
- Sterilizations of all instruments
- Seating, preparing, and dismissing the person served
- Operatory preparation and cleanup
- Maintaining adequate operatory supplies
- Following all infection control guidelines
- Routine care of equipment
- Taking of x-rays when requested by the dentist
- Assuring all dentists orders are taken to the medication room
- Preparation of treatment room following prescribed procedures and protocols as requested by management
- Other tasks requested by dentist
- Maintain statistical data
- Inventory all dental instruments at the start and at the end of each clinic day
- Maintains instrument logs
- Chart all findings in patients served record providing written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course or other documentation requirements as outlined by company and Facility
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer