Data Scientist, System Analytics
Join a small but rapidly growing startup developing exciting new technology in genomics. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will transform the future of medical and life sciences!
We are seeking a data scientist with solid python skills (especially NumPy, SciPy), shell scripting, and machine learning experience. Using these skills, you will define and refine metrics to characterize the performance of complex scientific instruments. In this critical and high-visibility role, you will collaborate closely with a small team of data scientists and share your work across scientific, engineering, manufacturing, and service departments in the company. This position is full-time based in Newark, California.
- Analysis in python to convert large datasets of low-level measurements into trackable metrics characterizing performance of our complex scientific instruments.
- Track metrics across time and across instruments, study their predictive power, and refine their definitions.
- Set specifications for system performance quality, flag failures, and detect early warning signs of system drift.
- Communicate findings in regular updates across departments of the company, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, and Chemistry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or other quantitative field.
- 2 years hands-on data science/data analysis experience.
- Solid python skills, especially NumPy and SciPy, and shell scripting experience.
- Machine learning skills (clustering, PCA, linear and logistic regression, etc.).
- Strong foundation in statistics and probability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with scientific data visualization.
- MATLAB experience.
- Signal processing experience.
- Experience working with complex instrumentation.
- Experience using NoSQL databases.