Facebook’s ads systems serve several billion ads everyday to users across the world that result in an extremely large volume of data from user interactions. The real-time, accurate and efficient processing of these events is critical for the Facebook ads business. As a Data Scientist in the team you will be driving informed decisions about short and long-term strategy of the development of the ads systems, by making technical domain data accessible and leveraging your statistical and analytical expertise. You will work with engineering leads and Technical Program Managers, and other data scientists from partner teams, to drive strategy and implementation for real time Ads Data infrastructure. You will quantify the work and develop prioritization framework that will drive team’s roadmaps.
- Contribute to long-term technical vision and strategy methods and metrics that will improve the quality and efficiency of real time monetization at scale and in the face of changing data availability.
- Develop understanding of complex distributed systems, as well as broader industry challenges, to identify present and future risks and opportunities.
- Leverage data to prioritize areas of investment, anticipate platform needs, and assess novel solutions.
- Grow analytics expertise around you, upskilling fellow data scientists, engineers, and others, to increase overall team impact.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role.
- Experience translating business problems into analytical strategy and solutions.
- Experience driving team direction with data.
- Experience working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Experience in querying and manipulating large datasets for analysis using languages like SQL, Python, or R.
- 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization.
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems.
- Experience leading large, technically complex projects that drive business value at scale.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].