Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Menlo Park, CA
• Apply statistics, advanced mathematics, and product intuition to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
• Develop metrics to track the adoption of new products and features, ensure logging is in place, and help build dashboards tracking these metrics.
• Proactively identify anomalies and regressions in key metrics and conduct deep dive investigations to uncover reasons and propose solutions.
• Generate and test hypotheses and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
• Work with product engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
• Estimate the opportunity or market size of new product ideas through an understanding of user behavior, conversion funnel, and reasonable assumptions about internal and external factors.
• Proficient in SQL
• Experienced in Python and/or R
• Experience working with large datasets.
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively in writing, including conveying complex information and promoting in-depth engagement on course topics.
• Ability to distill and present complex findings to cross-functional audiences, including senior leadership.
• Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field such as Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
Top 3 must-have HARD skills:
2. Experimentation or A/B Testing
Good to have skills:
1. Written and verbal communication and presentation
2. Business acumen
3. Knowledge of messaging apps and/or social media
Years of experience required