To support our growing customer base and strengthen our customer service leadership capacity, we are looking for a customer service lead to join our team. This role will be pivotal in supporting our customer service manager and broader leadership team to refine improved business processes, strengthen reporting and drive initiatives that will enhance our customers’ experience with us, as well as taking ownership of customer issue resolution and mentoring and developing colleagues in their skills and responsibilities.
An essential service provider to Healthcare, Daniels Health was founded with the vision of “making healthcare safer” – and for the last 20 years in the United States we have achieved this through innovative safety products and clinically-focused waste services that lead the industry. This is our “why”, our “how” is delivering the highest standard of service we can, which is why we’re looking to strengthen our Customer facing team. The candidate we’re looking for is someone who takes ownership and is comfortable with leading others, who has self-driven initiative and a “do what it takes” attitude to deliver a right-fit solution for our customers. As a growing company, we are looking for someone who wants to grow with us and use a lead role as a stepping stone to refine their skills, exercise their leadership strengths and prove their ability to do what it takes.
What will your job involve
- Interfacing with our customers (clinical and support contacts at hospitals and other primary care facilities) via phone and email to answer questions, resolve issues, proactively communicate schedule or stock changes, and manage inbound scheduling requests
- Effectively delegating tasks and project ownership to colleagues with appropriate follow-up, accountability and reporting
- Report, investigate and resolve (where applicable) customer requests and complaints via Salesforce ensuring a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in reporting and issue escalation
- Maintain and update filing, inventory and database systems (both manual and computer processes)
- Work closely with our production and transport team to ensure timely and efficient delivery is met at all customer locations. This includes:
- Creating customer manifests
- Printing and distributing process documents for daily production
- Ensuring stock inventory in conjunction with your Plant Manager
- Print waste transfer documentation (Tracking Forms) for transport of waste from the transfer facility to a treatment facility.
- Support with routing and rerouting of our trucks on a daily/weekly basis
- Liaising with all departments and customers on account changes (billing, sales and logistics)
- Generate reports on an as needed basis for the leadership team, and provide direct reporting to the Customer Service manager on key metrics, issue resolution and team KPI’s
- Constantly look for new ways to better/improve the current administrative process
- Constantly look for new ways to develop the skills and confidence of your colleagues and the contribution they can make to stronger processes, efficiencies or quality of work
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with initiative, discipline and focus; who has a passion for problem-solving, building relationships, and delivering a great customer experience. As a lead within our customer service team, you will both directly interact with our customers, as well as driving behavior of other team members to deliver a quality customer experience. Our ideal candidate initiates – they do not wait for someone else to provide direction, they take ownership and first and foremost focus on ensuring our customers get fast issue resolution and have a wonderful experience working with us. Here’s some of the skills and attributes that would make you a great fit candidate:
- Self-motivated to problem-solve and leverage a team to drive resolutions for a customer
- Relationally driven, you will enhance and strengthen relationships and drive a culture focused on customer service
- Flexible, adaptable and able to prioritize, no two days are the same!
- Strong attention to detail in checking work quality and accuracy
- Demonstrates common-sense judgment when it comes to resolving customer issues
- Ability to lead and motivate a team while modelling a strong code of ethics and respect for others
- 2+ years of administrative and customer service experience within retail or hospitality or corporate will be considered
- Ability to talk to a position or instances where you have provided leadership in your role
- Intermediate to Advanced computing skills (Microsoft office suite etc.)
- Salesforce experience would go a long way!
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with record-keeping discipline
- Ability to work weekends, holidays or flex hours as needed by production demands
- Proven experience in improving processes and procedures
If this sounds like the role for you, or somebody you know then we look forward to speaking with you!
To find out more of what a day in the life with our customer service team looks like visit –
Who are we?
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.