Participate as a team member and assist attorneys and paralegals in the corporate department, with a particular focus in Asset Management. In addition to the essential functions detailed below, the paralegal will be considered a leader in the practice and paralegal group. Availability for overtime and flexibility for travel are required.
* Familiar with differences between Hedge Funds, Private Investment Funds; able to understand both the fund and investor sides of a matter.
* Independently manages closing logistics for transactions; demonstrates understanding of common types of transactions; drafts supporting certificates and schedules; coordinates large document productions; develops system for tracking delivery of documents; prepares state, UCC, and federal regulatory filings as necessary; resolves common problems encountered in transactions and corrects with minimal assistance; forms appropriate opinions for corrective actions after consideration and deliberations.
* Demonstrates familiarity of unique or uncommon events in life cycles of public and private companies; familiarity with the state and federal reporting requirements in connection with regulatory matters and company documents.
* Assists in organizing relevant documents related to fund formations and private fund investments; provides ongoing corporate maintenance for private investment fund clients of the firm.
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of tasks and projects in primary area of expertise. Works proactively to stay up-to-date on developments in practice area. In unique situations, can develop a logical course of action.
* Assists and mentors more junior paralegals; recognizes different learning styles and adjusts method of instruction accordingly when supervising on projects; confirms comprehension by others of instruction.
* Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
* Able to interact and collaborate effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff. Possesses strong oral and written communication skills. Able to successfully manage and lead a team.
* Able to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context. Serves as a resource, facilitator and mentor to effectively support the needs of the department.
* Must be flexible and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities. Able to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
* Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues.
* Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties. Able to influence at all levels of the organization.
* Possesses excellent attention to detail and follows up and follows through on deliverables.
* Owns professional development by actively seeking out feedback and learning new skills. Takes ownership of deliverables and is accountable.
* Able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
* Able to effectively work in a multi-office environment and a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
* Able to travel nationally and internationally on short notice.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned by other corporate paralegals and other individuals within the corporate management structure.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree and want a career position. Three years experience as a corporate paralegal or comparable work experience preferred. The position will involve significant contact with lawyers and paralegals at the firm and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate must be a demonstrated self-starter who is both highly organized and a team player.
The candidate will work the standard work hours with expected overtime.
Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. Firm management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.