Major, Lindsey & Africa’s Interim Legal Talent group has an immediate need for a Jr. Corporate Paralegal.
Overview: Our client is seeking a permanent placement Jr. Corporate Paralegal to support their legal department located in San Carlos.
Company: Worldwide investments holding company
Experience: Successful candidates will have 3+ years of relevant experience.
Location: San Carlos, CA à Hybrid in office 2-3x a week/Remote in California to fly to San Carlos as needed
- Maintain, track, and organize corporate entity data for client affiliates and portfolio companies.
- Manage new entity management database (GEMS) and serve as the database expert within the organization.
- Assist with drafting corporate governance documents for subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Review and analyze corporate and transactional documents to compile and verify reportable corporate data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, business operations, tax, and various senior leaders to collect and verify corporate data within the client’s structure and ensure all information in the database is current, accurate, and complete.
- Support and respond to reporting and audit requests.
- Field all corporate-data related questions from other team members.
- Work directly with our parent company in Tokyo on various reporting obligations.
- Manage and organize the Legal department’s document repository and intranet website.
- Provide day-to-day support, including any administrative tasks, to our legal team as needed
- At least 3+ years of previous corporate paralegal experience (ideally both law firm and in-house experience, but not required).
- Experience working at an investment firm.
- Familiarity with entity management systems (ideally with EnGlobe or GEMS but not required).
- Must be motivated, persistent, resourceful, curious, and eager to learn.
- Must have project management skills and have keen attention to detail, organization, and accuracy.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with a team-player attitude.