Ref ID: 00320-0011758826
A large, international law firm is looking for an experienced Corporate Paralegal to join their team. This is a great opportunity to join a successful and top law firm. Compensation of up to $170k and top benefits, the firm is moving quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains, organizes and updates electronic corporate record books.
• Prepares, maintains and updates database for corporate capitalization records, drafts stock option and restricted stock agreements, effects transfers of stock and prepares stock certificates.
• Obtains and coordinates the delivery of good-standing certificates from filing agent.
• Assists with venture capital financings including tracking status of closing documents, gathering corporate due diligence materials, drafting ancillary documents and preparing electronic closing volumes.
• Retrieves documents from government agencies, private document retrieval companies and internal sources as appropriate.
• Researches state and federal securities compliance ("Blue Sky") rules and regulations, drafts and files securities notices.
• Assists attorneys with commercial lending transactions including lien searches and preparation/filing of UCC financing statements.
Education and/or Experience:
• Previous experience in a law firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited college or university. Graduation and certificate from ABA approved Paralegal training program or the equivalent.
• Five or more years of experience in the areas of securities and/or general corporate law.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.